As a homeschooling mom, I am always on the lookout for educational toys. While we have a few favorites, there is always room for more!
Over the past couple of weeks, we have discovered BionicBlox – and WOW are they a hit!
Disclosure: We received a BionicBlox Set for review. I was compensated for my time in reviewing the product and writing our experience. All opinions expressed are completely my own and without influence.
An Engineering Toy for my Creative Boy
My 8-year-old son has always loved blocks. Even though he has a magnificent creative/artsy side, his brain loves a good engineering-style project.
Davis and I made a quick video of his first project using BionicBlox.
What Mama Likes About BionicBlox
I love any toy that encourages thinking and creativity. And while these blocks certainly do that, here are some more specific likes:
- Wooden pieces – pieces are sanded smoothly and are excellent quality
- Connectors fit tightly – The tightly-fitting connectors are a main highlight of this set! Buildings and projects don’t fall down due to loose connections, so there is not the frustration of having to re-build.
- Durable and strong – My kiddos can be tough on toys. These blocks can take it.
- Can be used by a variety of ages – Little learners can build with just the wooden pieces; older learners can build elaborate projects
- STEM toy – these blocks encourage critical thinking skills related to geometry, spatial recognition, engineering, architecture, and more
- Made in the USA – We love products made in the United States.
What My Son Likes About BionicBlox
Since my son was so excited over our new blocks, I asked him his thoughts about BionicBlox. Here are his responses:
- “These blocks are so cool! I love that they are patriotic colors.”
- “I’ll never be bored again!”
- “Wait…do we get to keep these? Because I don’t want to give them back.”
- “Mama, I want to build something for you. What would you like to see? I can build something simple or something huge – your choice!”
- “You know the best part about these blocks? They don’t fall apart. I hate it when I build something and it falls apart.”
- “Wouldn’t it be awful if these wood pieces weren’t sanded so well? I don’t like splinters.”
The Details About BionicBlox
BionicBlox come in a variety of sets, with more expansion sets and connector pieces in the works.
These blocks are advertised for ages 3-103, but younger children could easily use the wooden pieces. However, they have been tested and are safe for children 3+.
The set used to build the items in the pictures in this post is the 100-piece Visionary Set. It includes 75 wooden pieces and 26 connectors.
You can purchase just the BionicStar Connectors and add them to these existing sets: KEVA by Mindware, KAPLA, and CITIBLOCS.
Find Out Even More
BionicBlox has a great presence in Social Media, so they’ll be around all of your favorite spots:
- BionicBlox on Google +
- BionicBlox on Facebook
- BionicBlox on Twitter
- BionicBlox on YouTube (Make sure to watch the stop motion video – so cool!)
If you’d like to do some early Christmas shopping or you would just like to add to your homeschool’s inventory, stop by BionicBlox and use the coupon code HOMESCHOOL10 to receive 10% off of your order!