I have several learning packets for 1st-3rd (or 4th!) graders here at Mama’s Learning Corner. You’ll find a variety of packets from Maps & the Globe to Ancient Rome to Birds to Plants & Flowers and more.
And while y’all seem to love what those packets contain, a frequent request from readers is for a Kindergarten-First Grade packet. You would like activities geared towards those kiddos that aren’t as far along with reading and writing.
So I’m thrilled that the first packet for this age & skill level is finally finished!
♥ NOTE: This packet has been updated in March 2016. Find out how you can download the all new Pond Worksheet Packet for Kindergarten and First Grade!
Pond-Themed Worksheets for Kindergarten-First Grade
(Note: This post contains my affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for further information.)
The weather is finally warming up and it’s the perfect time to learn about the pond! This printable packet would be a perfect complement to your unit study on the pond ecosystem.
All activities in this 17-page packet have a pond theme. In this worksheet packet, you’ll find:
- Down at the Pond Word Search
- Fill in the Missing Vowels
- Word Jumbles – Unscramble the pond-themed words
- What’s the Color? Handwriting Practice
- Patterns: What Comes Next? – Determine the next animal in the pattern
- How Many Are There? – Determine the correct amount of animals
- Classifying Objects – Determine which animals/items belong at the pond and which belong on the farm
- Addition Riddle – Solve the addition equations to find out the answer to the trivia question!
- Who Am I? – Determine which plant/animal the writing prompt is describing
- Dictionary Practice – Practice alphabetical order and dictionary skills with pond-themed words
- Writing Practice & Beginning Sounds – Determine the correct beginning sound of each object; then practice writing the word
- Counting By 5’s – Determine the correct number of objects when counting by 5’s
- Turtle Color-By-Sight Word – Color the turtle correctly using words from the Dolch list
- Counting by Tens Maze – Count by tens to help the frog reach his lily pad
- Counting by Fives Maze – Count by fives to help the butterfly reach the cattail
- Color the Birds! – Color the birds according to the directions, using small/medium/large
Click on the image to download the free pond-themed worksheets for personal use:
Purchase the all new Pond Worksheets with 8 exclusive printables in the packet below!
Includes personal and classroom use license. Includes 20 total printable activities.
Cassie @ 3Dinosaurs.com
I love pond printables! Pinning for sure!
Thank you so much, Cassie! Yes, we loved most anything that is pond-themed also. 🙂
Thank you for the unit for the younger ages. My small one is on the tail end of pre-school and getting ready to plow straight into kindergarten. So this fits perfectly
Nicole, I’m so glad you could use these with your own children! The printables for the K-1st set have been so popular, so there will be many more to come!
Thank you for stopping by! 🙂
Thanks so much for these! I just subscribed to your emails 🙂 Printing these off in Cambodia and hoping we can find a pond to explore 🙂
Oh yay! I’m so thrilled that you can use them!
And fingers crossed you find a fun pond to explore. 😉
I’m so glad you stopped by today!
Thank you so much for the printables. They will be a hit for our pond study…
Great! I am so glad to hear that! Studying the pond is always a favorite for my kiddos, too.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. ❤