Animals at the Farm Cut and Paste Reader
Your young beginning readers will love this fun style of learning – cut and paste readers!
This cut and paste reader focuses on quite a few skills: cutting, gluing, handwriting, phonics, and reading sight words. I love it when one activity can cover a multitude of learning skills!
Included in the Animals at the Farm Cut and Paste Reader:
- Cover page with a farmer
- Animals to cut and glue on each page
- Reading pages of the booklet, including a half-page for each of the following animals: barn, cow, bee, horse, sheep, goat, rooster, pig, dog, duck, and hen
You can use this booklet in a multitude of ways in your homeschool, but here’s a quick list of steps in how I will use this with my 5 year old son:
- Print and cut the pages in half along the dotted line to create the half-pages of the booklet
- Help my son cut out the 11 pictures
- Read the pages and my son chooses the animal to glue in each box
- He assembles the booklet with the cover page on first, the barn page next, and then the animals in any order he chooses.
- Staple down the side to create the booklet.
- Help him read the new booklet.
- He writes 1-3 animals words each day.
- We read the booklet together each day with the goal of him “reading” it by himself at the end of the week.