Pilgrims at Plymouth Worksheets for 2nd-5th Graders
This Worksheet Packet is perfect for your Unit Study on Pilgrims and their life in Plymouth. Pair these worksheets with a few library books, and off you go!
These worksheets are written for 2nd-4th graders, however, they can easily be used with 1st or 5th graders with some accommodations.
Note that this packet was originally published in 2015, however, it has been completed updated and revised with new pages for the 2022 Thanksgiving Season.
In this Pilgrims Thanksgiving Worksheet Packet, you’ll find:
- Reading Comprehension – Read the short narrative on the Separatists and why they felt the need to set sail to the New World for religious freedom
- The Pilgrims – Questions and Answers – 2 Pilgrim-themed writing prompts
- Pilgrims and Native Americans Fill-in-the-Blank – Choose the correct word from the word bank to complete the sentence
- Pilgrim Definition Match – Match the word with its correct definition
- Pilgrims Word Search
- Map Work – Learn about Holland and England
- Squanto’s Method of Growing Corn – Cut & Paste Squanto’s steps of growing corn in the correct order
- Mayflower Compact – Read the Compact and answer the questions
- Map Work – Learn about Massachusetts and US states
- What’s In a Name? – The first Pilgrim baby born in the New World was named Peregrine. Solve the riddle to find out what his name meant!
- The Peace Treaty: Chief Massasoit and the Pilgrims – Read about the Peace Treaty and answer the questions
- The Landing of the Pilgrims – Analyze the artwork and then write sentences based on the writing prompts
- Mayflower Math Minute – Solve the word problems
- Pilgrim Subjects and Verbs – Identify the subject and verb in each Pilgrim-themed sentence
- Answer Keys for all appropriate pages
14 different activities are included in this worksheet set.