Short I and Long I Worksheet Packet
Practice both the Short I and Long I sounds in this worksheet packet. If your young reader is having a difficult time differentiating between these two sounds, this packet is loaded with phonics activities to ensure mastery.
This worksheet packet only uses Long I sounds that are CVCe, also known as i_e words. Long I vowel teams such as igh or ie will be published at a later date.
You will find the following activities in this worksheet set:
- Practice Short I and Long I – Cut and paste the correct word under the picture
- Sorting: Short I and Long I – Cut and paste the word in the correct column
- Match the Picture – Match each Long I word with the correct picture
- Which Word? – Choose the correct word under each picture
- Find the Long I Word – Word search with clues going horizontally and vertically
- Finish the Sentence – Use the word bank to complete each sentence
- Color By Code – Uses Short I and Long I CVCe words
- Read, Trace, and Write – Read the word, trace the word, and then write the word.
- Sentence Match – Choose the sentence that best matches the picture.
- Maze It! – Trace the Long I CVCe words through the maze. Then complete the words by writing the missing letters.
- Short I Picture Poster – 8.5×11″ size poster with Short I pictures
- Long I CVCe Picture Poster – 8.5×11″ poster with Long I CVCe pictures
- Also includes several ideas for using the picture posters
Includes 10 worksheets total and 2 picture posters