For a (very) limited time, you can purchase Color-By-Number ABC for only $2.99!
50 printable ABC Coloring pages!
I have a 4-year-old who is begging to do “real Kindergarten” this year (her words). She wants to learn to read, she wants to “do math”, and she wants her own notebooks.
So being the overwhelmed homeschooling mom that I am, we are starting small with her notebook.
While we are working on phonics and early math that is on a K4 or K5 level, I decided to create her a preschool calendar notebook. Because she’s not reading, her pages need to be picture friendly and full of basic skills.
And since I created a notebook for her, I decided to share it with you too! Hopefully you can use it with your own eager-to-start Preschooler or Early Kindergartner.
What is Included in the Preschool Calendar Notebook?
This notebook has a couple of pages to complete each day. Note that the pages are designed to be placed in page protectors and for your child to use a dry erase marker.
Monthly Calendars for July 2014 – June 2015 are included. Your child should trace the date each day. She’s welcome to cross the day off of the calendar as a count down to the end of the month.
Monthly Number Pictures
These pictures contain the same amount of days in the month. Your child should find the day’s date and cross it out on the picture. This helps with recognizing numbers and reinforces the date again. He should feel free to write inside the name of the month, or color it, or decorate the letters any way he chooses.
“Today is…” Page
The “Today is…” page focuses on learning the days of the week and month, as well as the current year and season. Complete this page each day, encouraging your child to memorize the days of the week and the months of the year. We say them every day until my little ones can recite them to me alone.
“Today’s weather is…” and “Today I feel…” Page
At the top of the page, your child draws a circle around the correct weather for the day. I put my 4-year-old in charge of announcing the day’s weather and she thinks this is the best job ever! Included at the bottom of the page is a section for your child to describe how he feels that day. Have her draw a circle around the face that describes her best.
As a side note, we often play this fun feelings game:
- I say, “Let me see your sad face.” And everyone (including me) makes their best sad face.
- I say, “Everyone show their mad face!” Then we all show our growliest mad faces.
- I say, “Let me see your surprised face.” We then show our most shocked surprised faces. (This is everyone’s favorite!)
- Then we end on my saying, “Show everyone your happy face.” And we all end in smiles.
This is a simple game, but so much fun and we play it often. It’s a great game to play when someone is grumpy. You just can’t participate and be in a bad mood.
‘This is how I write my name…” Page
On the first of the month, have your child write his name in his best handwriting. It’s interesting to see how a child’s writing changes in just a few months!
How Do I Set Up the Notebook?
The links to Amazon below are my affiliate links, which help support free printables and worksheets at Mama’s Learning Corner. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.
- Print each of the pages in the downloaded document. Print them one-sided (not double-sided).
- Place the July monthly calendar backwards in a page protector. Insert the page protector into your 3-ring-binder. The front of the page protector should be showing the backside of the monthly calendar. When you turn the page protector (like turning the page in a book), you should see the July Monthly Calendar on the left side of your binder.
- Using your next page protector, place the July Monthly Number Picture on the front side of the protector. Then slide the “Today is…” Page on the back side of the protector. Insert the page protector into your binder. Now when your binder is opened, the July Monthly Calendar should be on the left side of your binder pages and the July Number Picture should be on the right. When you turn the page, “Today is…” should now be on the left page.
- Next, place the “Today’s weather is…” Page in the front side of a page protector. Insert in your notebook.
- Lastly, print the rest of the pages and store in a Mama Folder so you can readily change out the notebook for the next month.
So the order of the pages should be: Monthly Calendar (left side), Monthly Number Picture (right side) —> “Today is..” Page (left side), “Today’s weather is..” (right side)
—> Make sure to browse through the hundreds of Preschool and Early Kindergarten Printables and Worksheets from Mama’s Learning Corner!
—> If you would like to purchase this packet for classroom use (which includes any use outside of your own home with your own children), you may do so at the bottom of this page.
Click the image below to download the Preschool Calendar Notebook for Personal Use:
You may purchase the classroom use packet below:
Items in Your Cart
Visit The Shop
Graphics in this packet were purchased by me and are courtesy of: Sanqunetti Designs, Ink N Little Things, Poppydreamz Digital Art, JW Illustrations, Dancing Crayon Designs, Scrappin Doodles (License #130204), Pixel Paper Prints, Digi Web Designs, Ashley Hughes, and Little Red’s ClipArt. The copyright of the graphics remains with the artist and you are not allowed to use this clipart for any reason. Clipart used with permission.