Hello Friends! We are wrapping up out school year here at the Hill House, and we all have summer fever. It is very hard for all of us to keep our minds on our work, but we must because the END IS NEAR! Yahoo!
We are off of school on Monday since my husband will be home and it’s a holiday, and then we only have Tuesday through Thursday of “real” school. We are going to an End of Year Party with our homeschool group, so our last official day is Thursday.
And this Mama is tickled/relieved/joyful/ecstatic! I’m sure you can relate!
Here’s peek at our week here at the Hill House:
- Our little garden is growing by leaps and bounds now that we have the chicken wire fencing up! I will admit I am so tickled with our garden and it brings me much joy.
I know this is dorky, but I call it our ‘Victory in Jesus’ garden after the Victory Gardens of World War II. I need to find someone to make me a little homemade sign to stake near it. ❤
- This was our last week of Wednesday Night Fellowship Meals, children’s and youth activities, and Prayer Meeting & Bible Study. Our new pastor has been leading a study on Church History from the time of Acts through Augustine. It has been fascinating! I only wish I could have taken his class prior to trying to trudge through Henry Chadwick’s The Early Church and Eusebius with my son last year during 10th Grade. I would have been much more prepared!
- I am late (again) this year, but I finally got my children’s end of year testing set up for June 6 and 7. North Carolina only requires that you test and does not require a specific test, so we use an online, 2-day test called Stanford 10, which I get each year from Seton Testing. It’s fairly cheap and meets the requirement plus it doesn’t have a time limit per individual test, which is great for my slow(er) reader that needs a good amount of time.
- My 5 year old and I have started a phonics review using Uppercase Letter Crafts. He has loved it much more than I anticipated! “Can we please keep doing school during the summer?”
Ah. Such beautiful words to a homeschool mama’s heart. I know that this desire to learn and engage wanes as they get older (usually), so I will eat this up while it lasts!
- I am still ordering curriculum for next year. 🤦♀️ How can this be?? I have known for months what we are going to use (mostly), but I have needed to order it in bits and pieces to spread out the financial cost. The only things left now are the books and workbooks for my older children’s Memoria Press Online Classes.
Next year, I will have a Kindergartner (!), 6th grader, 8th grader, 10th grader, and 12th grader.
Hug your littles, Mama, because the time flies. And I’m not sure how I feel about that. :sniff, sniff::
Plus, it’s pricey! Yikes.
I have a post written in my head on how I save money homeschooling a bunch of children, but I need to get that fleshed out in a post. It’s on my to-do list!
- Tonight and this weekend, I will finish up the Calendar Notebooks for this year. I can’t wait for you to see them! They are DIFFERENT and I think you are going to love it!
That’s it for now! I’m off to finish supper and then work on Calendar Notebooks!
How has your week been? I would love to read what happened in your week, so feel free to write your own bullet point post in the comments! ❤
➡ You can click here to read all of the Bullet Point Posts.