It is apple picking season and we couldn’t be more excited!
If you’re a long-time reader here at Mama’s Learning Corner, you know that there are several things we study and read about it each year when my children are in elementary school: bees, seasons, holidays, birds, and apples!
If you are planning an apple unit study for your young learners, make sure you add in this packet of Apple Worksheets! It is a great change of pace to study phonics, practice handwriting, and reviewing addition and subtraction math facts.
Plus, there are several fun activities, too!
Note: This packet was originally published in 2014. Then it was updated in 2017. Now, it is nice and fresh for the 2022 Apple Picking Season! Enjoy!
♥ Interested in creating your own unit studies? Find out how I create a simple unit study for my young ones! Plus you can download free printable planning pages.
Looking for more apple activities? You can browse through all of the Apple Worksheets and hands-on activities here at Mama’s Learning Corner. You’ll find book suggestions, Apple themed Worksheets for K and 1st Grade, Apple themed cutting practice, and more!
Apple Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
Pick up a few varieties of apples at the grocery store for a taste test, check out a few apple books from the library, and add in these worksheets for an easy apple week!
The 33 worksheets in this printable packet each have an apple theme. In this worksheet set, you’ll find:
- Apple Word Search
- Color the Apples! – Determine size: small, medium, and large
- Apple Handwriting Practice – Includes coloring page
- Crack the Apple Code! – Use the number/letter key to crack the code
- Apple Addition – Match the sums; includes 3 word problems
- Apple Subtraction – Match the differences; includes 3 word problems
- Apple Basket Color-By-Sight Word – Uses words from Dolch Primer list
- Apple Facts – Practice addition and subtraction math facts
- Fill in the Missing Letters! – Fill in the missing letters in each apple-themed word
- Apple Opposites – Pair each red opposite with its green match
- All About Apples – Use your 5 senses to describe apples
- Build Your Apple Sentence! – Cut out the sentence, draw a picture, and practice writing
- What’s the Missing Number? – Fill in the correct number; through 20
- Apple Writing Pages – includes elementary and plain lines
- Addition Riddle – Solve the equations to find out the answer to the riddle!
- Color By Sight Word Apple Tree
- Apple Begins with A – Practice beginning sounds
- ABC Order: Apples! – Place each 4-word set in alphabetical order
- Read It! Draw It! – Draw a picture based on the apple themed prompt
- Label the Pictures – Cut out each apple themed word and glue under the correct picture
- Sort It! – Solve each apple equation
- Apple Fun Page – Includes an apple maze, dot-to-dot, tracing apple, and coloring apple
- Who Am I? – Determine the correct object that is described
- Read It! Draw It! – This is a favorite, so I added another page!
- Color By Number – Color the various apples with simple color by number
- Worm and Apple Trace – Trace the lines to help the worm find the apple
- Apple ABC Cut and Paste – Cut out each apple-themed vocabulary word and place in the correct ABC order
- How Many Syllables? – Count the number of syllables in each apple-themed word
- Apple Word Work – Phonics practice of the short vowel a and the word ‘apple’; follow the directions (includes answer key)
All Access Pass members can download this entire 33-page Apple Worksheet Packet for K and 1st Grade in the All Access Pass area.