It is apple picking season and we couldn’t be more excited!
If you’re a long-time reader here at Mama’s Learning Corner, you know that there are several things we study and read about it each year when my children are in elementary school: bees, seasons, holidays, birds, and apples!
If you are planning an apple unit study for your young learners, make sure you add in this packet of Apple Worksheets! It is a great change of pace to study phonics, practice handwriting, and reviewing addition and subtraction math facts.
Plus, there are several fun activities, too!
Note: This packet was originally published in 2014. Then it was updated in 2017. Now, it is nice and fresh for the 2022 Apple Picking Season! Enjoy!
♥ Interested in creating your own unit studies? Find out how I create a simple unit study for my young ones! Plus you can download free printable planning pages.
Looking for more apple activities? You can browse through all of the Apple Worksheets and hands-on activities here at Mama’s Learning Corner. You’ll find book suggestions, Apple themed Worksheets for K and 1st Grade, Apple themed cutting practice, and more!
Apple Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
Pick up a few varieties of apples at the grocery store for a taste test, check out a few apple books from the library, and add in these worksheets for an easy apple week!
The 33 worksheets in this printable packet each have an apple theme. In this worksheet set, you’ll find:
- Apple Word Search
- Color the Apples! – Determine size: small, medium, and large
- Apple Handwriting Practice – Includes coloring page
- Crack the Apple Code! – Use the number/letter key to crack the code
- Apple Addition – Match the sums; includes 3 word problems
- Apple Subtraction – Match the differences; includes 3 word problems
- Apple Basket Color-By-Sight Word – Uses words from Dolch Primer list
- Apple Facts – Practice addition and subtraction math facts
- Fill in the Missing Letters! – Fill in the missing letters in each apple-themed word
- Apple Opposites – Pair each red opposite with its green match
- All About Apples – Use your 5 senses to describe apples
- Build Your Apple Sentence! – Cut out the sentence, draw a picture, and practice writing
- What’s the Missing Number? – Fill in the correct number; through 20
- Apple Writing Pages – includes elementary and plain lines
- Addition Riddle – Solve the equations to find out the answer to the riddle!
- Color By Sight Word Apple Tree
- Apple Begins with A – Practice beginning sounds
- ABC Order: Apples! – Place each 4-word set in alphabetical order
- Read It! Draw It! – Draw a picture based on the apple themed prompt
- Label the Pictures – Cut out each apple themed word and glue under the correct picture
- Sort It! – Solve each apple equation
- Apple Fun Page – Includes an apple maze, dot-to-dot, tracing apple, and coloring apple
- Who Am I? – Determine the correct object that is described
- Read It! Draw It! – This is a favorite, so I added another page!
- Color By Number – Color the various apples with simple color by number
- Worm and Apple Trace – Trace the lines to help the worm find the apple
- Apple ABC Cut and Paste – Cut out each apple-themed vocabulary word and place in the correct ABC order
- How Many Syllables? – Count the number of syllables in each apple-themed word
- Apple Word Work – Phonics practice of the short vowel a and the word ‘apple’; follow the directions (includes answer key)
All Access Pass members can download this entire 33-page Apple Worksheet Packet for K and 1st Grade in the All Access Pass area.
After you log in, choose the Fall and Winter page and scroll down until you see this particular worksheet packet. Then just click and your download will start immediately.
You may purchase Apple Worksheets for K and 1st Grade here:
Thank you so much for the apple printables! These are great!! 🙂
I am so glad you can use them! Thank you for stopping by today. 🙂
I have tried to print these out on several occasions…..and they won’t print. I can print other pages from other sites…not sure what the problem is, my printer is working for other sites.
Pamela, what exactly is the problem? Is the black ink horribly smeared? (That’s the most frequent issue that I hear.) If that’s the case, make sure you’re using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Let me know if it’s something else and I’ll try to help you troubleshoot. 🙂
I am trying to find the link to print the apple printables. I joined your email list months ago but can’t figure out now how to “log in” and find the link to print the apple items. When I click the link above it tells me my email address is already on the list.
Hey Jenny –
The link is going out in the subscriber email tomorrow. You can find that printable and every other subscriber freebie on the page that I link to in any past email (sent on Fridays).
I’ll send you the link again in an email, so check your inbox. 😉
I’m in the same horrible circular problem. I click the email link, get to this page, can’t find the link, go back to the email. Something is wrong with the process.
You’re already a subscriber, which is why it won’t let you re-subscribe. It already recognizes your address.
I sent an email on Sunday 9/13 with a link to the Subscriber Freebie page. So you can look there. 🙂
Please let me know if you have any further problems!
Hi there! Weird question – totally accidentally deleted that email. Is there any way to request having a new link emailed to me? I thought for sure I had it saved but, alas, did not. And totally want this adorable apple packet for my 1st grader! 🙂
Melissa, I’ll email you a link right now! 🙂
Having the same problem downloading the apple printable!
The link to the apple printables is in the email you receive once your confirm your email address. Click on that link to the Subscriber Only Page, scroll all the way down, and you’ll see the Apple Worksheets image. Click on it and your download will automatically start. 🙂
I’m also having the same problem. I just signed up tonight so I wouldn’t have gotten the emails before. I click the link at the bottom of the confirmation email that says Apple printable and it brings me back to this page with no way to print. Any help would be great!
Crystal, the link to the apple downloads are on the Subscriber Page. You’ll find that link in an email after you confirm your subscription.
Please let me know if you have further trouble! 🙂
I am having the same problem referenced above. I see the link to the various subscriber-only downloads in my email, but when I click on it and locate the Apple Printables, there is no link to print them. It keeps taking me back to this page where I am told to subscribe first…I’m stuck in the loop! Help! 🙂
ALL of my subscriber freebies are on the same page – the link is in the email that I sent on Friday.
Once you get to that page, you’ll need to scroll down towards the bottom, find the apple packet, and then click the image to download it.
Please let me know if you have further trouble! 🙂
Same issue is still continuing. There is no picture of packet that is linked to print like there is on everything else in the email links. 🙁
Jill, I promise you it’s there on the subscriber only page. You have to go to the actual subscriber page that is linked in the email and then scroll towards the bottom to find the packet.
I’m positive the link to that packet is there because 1) I just looked at it to verify and 2) it’s been downloaded many times already this morning. 🙂
Scroll past the color by number packets and it’s towards the bottom. 🙂
I have read through the comments and have found the other things to download at the bottom of the page but this one isn’t there. Did mine not come in a subscriber e-mail? It says it is the 4th e-mail in the series you send out..
It’s on the Subscriber Page that I linked to in today’s email. Scroll past the color by number and you’ll see the apple printables at the bottom of the page under ‘Seasonal.’
Let me know if you have any more trouble! 🙂
I just subscribe to receive the Apple unit study. I have followed the link and put in the password. I still can find how to download and print it. Help! I am going in circles! Thanks
Hi Anne! 🙂
Once you go to the subscriber page (you’ll need the password that’s in the email), scroll to the bottom and click on the Apple Worksheet image. You’ll see it. 🙂 The download will start immediately. Then open it in the latest free version of Adobe and print.
soon as i hit send i found it! thank you so much!
I signed up for emails and the free September printable and have not got an email or a free download yet 🙁