I thought I’d try something new today. Because my feet run all day long from the moment they hit the floor each morning, I rarely have time to write a more Old School Blogging-Type post.
Old School Blogging posts are more of a look at what we worked on during the week in our homeschool, or what was accomplished during the day, or the sharing of a Bible verse or something that one is pondering.
This is where bullet points come into the picture. My brain often thinks in bullet points, usually in To-Do List form.
I do have time occasionally to write a bullet point-style post of what’s going on here in our little world, so I thought I would start that today!
Here is a glance at our day. There were a million other things that I read/did/thought/completed, but I just leave it at these.
- Schooled All. Day. Long. Whew.
- Went outside with my youngest one at the break this morning (10:30 a.m.), and then went for a walk outside with my youngest girl. Then we sat on the porch until time to fix supper and talked. This was my favorite part of the day.
- Supper: Meatloaf, salad with the works, homemade mac and cheese
- I had 4 very ripe bananas, so made two loaves of banana bread while dinner cooked.
- Planned Sunday Lunch: Beef and Vegetable Soup with homemade biscuits. Dessert: 1-2-3-4 Cake with fresh sliced strawberries on the side. My mama and I alternate cooking Sunday lunch, and this is my week.
- Washed 8 loads of clothes, folded, and put away. 😲 2 of those loads did include the sheets and blankets from my bed.
- We read James 1:27 together tonight during our Family Bible time and we all spent a long time brainstorming how we are to honor and serve widows and orphans as the Bible commands. I’d love to read about how your family serves widows and orphans in the comments! We could use a few new ideas.
- I’m answering a few emails here online and figuring out what I’m going to work on tomorrow.
- My husband and I are finishing up Season 6 of Downton Abbey, so I plan to watch an episode of that tonight and hit the hay!
How has your week been? Write your own quickie bullet points in the comments below. I would love to read them!
Leave a Reply