This post contains my referral links. View my disclosure policy here.
Welcome to this 10-Day Series of Presidents of the United States! From April 15 – April 26, I’ll publish a set of worksheets and printables to accompany a small unit study on US Presidents. Make sure to download them all! Click on the link to find a complete list of free US Presidents worksheets in this series.
Woodrow Wilson – Fascinating Facts
Woodrow Wilson, born as Thomas Woodrow Wilson, was the 28th American President, and the 7th President in this 10-Day Series. President Wilson is known for his progressive policies and is revered by some as the nation’s “best” president. Here’s a few interesting facts about Mr. Wilson:
- President Wilson was a college professor prior to becoming a US President and was obviously a very bright man. However, he didn’t learn to read until 10 years of age. Many believe dyslexia was the cause of his reading at a later age.
- President Wilson was the last president to travel to his inauguration in a horse-drawn carriage.
- For a time, Wilson was noted for not involving America in World War I. However, German submarines fired upon and sank US ships, which resulted in America declaring war against Germany in 1917.
- Wilson’s face is on the $100,000 bill.
- Mr. Wilson suffered a serious stroke in the middle of his second term as the nation’s 28th President. His wife, Edith, made many decisions on his behalf, as she was entrusted with private knowledge pertaining to governmental affairs.
- President Wilson was buried at the Washington National Cathedral. He is the only president buried in Washington, DC.
Woodrow Wilson – Worksheets and Printables
This set of Woodrow Wilson worksheets would be a great addition to your study on US History or US Presidents. In this worksheet set, you’ll find:
- Woodrow Wilson: Q&A – Fill in the blanks with the correct answers regarding Mr. Wilson’s life and presidency
- Woodrow Wilson: Facts and Opinions – Name 3 facts and 3 opinions about President Wilson
- Description of Woodrow Wilson – Brainstorm adjectives that describe Mr. Wilson
This 10-Days Series is hosted by iHomeschool Network. For more 10-Day Series on a variety of topics, make sure to visit iHomeschool Network’s site for more details!