For years, my children worked through the Daily Calendar Notebook each morning right after our Bible time. My girls loved recording the daily weather, answering all of the calendar questions, and circling how they felt for the day.
In addition to the Calendar Notebook activities, I would also ask them several questions regarding days of the week and months of the year.
What is the current month?
What number do we use to abbreviate the month?
What month is next on the calendar?
How many months are in the year?
You get the idea!
I’ve taken all of those calendar questions and compiled them into a download for you and your own students to enjoy.
This post contains my affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Calendar Question Cards
This set includes 96 different Calendar Question Cards for you and your children or students to work through each month.
There are a multitude of ways to use these cards, whether you’re in a homeschool setting, a homeschool co-op, or a traditional classroom.
If available, print these questions on colored paper or cardstock. Colors just make it more fun!
You could also laminate for longer durability.
→Side Note: This is my favorite laminator that I’ve used for 8+ years. It’s a workhorse!
This set includes differentiated questions for a variety of levels in Kindergarten through 2nd grade.
Some questions are very straight-forward: What day of the week is it today? or What is the month?
Some questions require a bit more thought and reasoning: How many days are left in this month?
There are also 12 situational cards with questions such as: Sam has piano practice every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. What dates will Sam go to practice this month?
Ideas for using Calendar Question Cards
Here are a few ideas for using Calendar Question Cards with your own children or students:
1) After cards are cut apart, place them in a large container and have your child or student(s) draw out several cards during your calendar time. Drawing random cards each day makes it more fun!
2) Choose 3-4 cards for your child to answer in complete sentences each day.
3) Use these Calendar Cards during your small groups or circle time.
4) Punch holes in the cards, and place on a ring. Have Student 1 ask the Calendar Question to Student 2. Then pass the ring to Student 2.
Now Student 2 asks the next Question to Student 3. Then pass the Cards ring along until all of the students have answered a question.
If you’re in a homeschool setting, pass the ring along to siblings, or the child and mom can pass the ring back and forth and quiz each other!
5) Place 5-6 cards in your Calendar Center each day. If you use the Workbox System, place them in your child’s Calendar Workbox.
Scroll down and you’ll quickly see it under the More Calendar Work section.
Click below to add this set of 96 Calendar Question Cards to your cart!