I learned so much from this week’s Google+ Hangout on Air! The topic was Homeschooling Children of Multiple Ages and WOW the wisdom and experience from our panel was note-worthy.
Even though I moderated the Hangout, I’ve watched it twice since we recorded it just to make sure I didn’t miss any of the gems that were shared!
Homeschooling Children of Multiple Ages
It was such a privilege to join with these particular homeschooling mothers. I read their blogs faithfully and I’ve met several of them in person. They truly have a heart for their children and want to encourage other mothers. I’m so grateful for their time!
The panelists included:
- Tricia Hodges of Hodgepodge, Curriculum Choice, and Habits for a Happy Home
- Amy Roberts of Raising Arrows
- Judy Hoch of Contented at Home
- Connie Hughes of Smockity Frocks
Watch the 30-minute Homeschooling Multiple Ages Below:
Here are a few highlights:
- Benefits and blessings of homeschooling multiple ages – Need encouragement to keep on keepin’ on? Start here.
- Challenges of homeschooling children of different ages – and what to do about it – spending enough time with each child, doing “school” at home, teaching each subject to each child
- Teaching children of different ages the same subject at the same time – curriculum choices and ideas, what subjects to school together and what to school separate
- Strategies for moms to divide their time among children during school time
- Curriculum planning ideas and strategies
- Hear how other moms that homeschool multiple ages regroup and rejuvenate themselves for the next day – very practical suggestions!
Helpful Links for Homeschooling Children of Multiple Ages
How to Teach Multiple Subjects to Multiple Ages – includes a variety of ideas including math, writing, science, and more
Homeschool Planning for a Large Family – Practical tips and suggestions for planning school
Help! I’m Homeschooling! – 75-pages of practical, seasoned advice for new homeschoolers
The Homemaker’s Guide to Creating the Perfect Schedule – Includes step-by-step instruction on how to develop a homeschool schedule
Homeschool Tips from a Homeschool Veteran – 50+ pages that address homeschool schedules, curriculum choices, socialization, and more