This post contains my referral links. View my disclosure policy here.
Welcome to this 10-Day Series of Presidents of the United States! From April 15 – April 26, I’ll publish a set of worksheets and printables to accompany a small unit study on US Presidents. Make sure to download them all! Click on the link to find a complete list of free US Presidents worksheets in this series.
John Adams – Fascinating Facts
John Adams, the 2nd President of the United States, is the second president in this 10-Day Series. Since John Adams was the 2nd American President, he had extraordinarily large shoes to fill – those of George Washington!
While Mr. Adams was considered to be an effective president, he did not have the same leadership abilities as Washington. Thus, he only served one term. Thomas Jefferson succeeded him and took office as our nation’s 3rd president.
Like most presidents, there are interesting facts to note about John Adams’ life. Here are a few fascinating facts regarding our nation’s 2nd President:
- Adams’ father was insistent that he receive an education. John wanted to become a farmer like his dad, but his father had other plans. He made sure John learned to read and write and hired him a private tutor. When he was 16, he attended Harvard College.
- Adams was the first president to live in the White House. At the time, it was called the Executive Mansion.
- John Adams was on the committee appointed by Congress to draft the first Declaration of Independence.
- John Adams’ son – John Quincy Adams – later became the 6th President of the United States. His son, however, was a member of the opposition, the Democratic-Republican Party.
- John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on the 50th anniversary of American Independence – July 4, 1826.
Worksheets and Printables for John Adams
If you’re studying John Adams and the period of time in which he served our country, these worksheets make a wonderful addition. In this worksheet set, you’ll find:
- Description of John Adams – Use adjectives to describe America’s second president
- John Adams Alphabetical Order – Place the groups of Adams-themed words in alphabetical order
- John Adams Information Sheet – Fill in the biographical information about Adams and answer true/false