If your homeschool is like ours, there are several topics that you and your children study and learn about each year. We usually study the Pilgrims each year in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. It is a great opportunity to study American history!
Many years ago (2013!), I published a worksheet packet focusing on the Pilgrims at Plymouth. It was in need of an overhaul, so I have spent a bit of time updating the graphics, fonts, and layout of this worksheet set. I have also included a few new activities.
If you have purchased this worksheet set in the past, please log into your account and download the newest version!
➡ Take a peek at our tried-and-true Favorite Books About Thanksgiving. I have read and vetted each one for our homeschool reading.
Check out a few books about Pilgrims, download this packet, and off you go!
➡ Make sure you browse through all of the Thanksgiving worksheets and hands-on activities here at Mama’s Learning Corner. You’ll find writing activities, color by code, book suggestions, and more.
Pilgrim Thanksgiving Worksheet Packet
These worksheets are quite versatile for a variety of ages and stages. Older children can complete them independently, while younger children might need to sit beside mom to complete them.
Choose the worksheets that are the best fit for your children, and take the freedom to set aside the ones that won’t be beneficial. When you homeschool, you are the boss! 🙂
Included in This Pilgrims Packet
This packet of worksheets was created for 2nd-5th graders, however, they can certainly be used with a wide range of elementary children.
This worksheet packet set contains 14 different printable worksheets and activities plus answer keys where appropriate.
You’ll find the following pages in this worksheet packet:
- Reading Comprehension – Read the short narrative on the Separatists and why they felt the need to set sail to the New World for religious freedom
- The Pilgrims – Questions and Answers – 2 Pilgrim-themed writing prompts
- Pilgrims and Native Americans Fill-in-the-Blank – Choose the correct word from the word bank to complete the sentence
- Pilgrim Definition Match – Match the word with its correct definition
- Pilgrims Word Search
- Map Work – Learn about Holland and England
- Squanto’s Method of Growing Corn – Cut & Paste Squanto’s steps of growing corn in the correct order
- Mayflower Compact – Read the Compact and answer the questions
- Map Work – Learn about Massachusetts and US states
- What’s In a Name? – The first Pilgrim baby born in the New World was named Peregrine. Solve the riddle to find out what his name meant!
- The Peace Treaty: Chief Massasoit and the Pilgrims – Read about the Peace Treaty and answer the questions
- The Landing of the Pilgrims – Analyze the artwork and then write sentences based on the writing prompts
- Mayflower Math Minute – Solve the word problems
- Pilgrim Subjects and Verbs – Identify the subject and verb in each Pilgrim-themed sentence
- Answer Keys for all appropriate pages
All Access Pass members can download the Christopher Columbus packet in the All Access Pass area.
If you’re not an All Access Pass member, you may purchase the Pilgrims at Plymouth Worksheet packet here: