It’s Fall! And that means there are pumpkins galore!
This past week and this next week, my 5 year old Kindergarten boy and I will be doing All Things Pumpkin. I love it and he does too! My kids and I read our pumpkin books every year and enjoy the pumpkins around the house as we transition into fall.
Many years ago, I created a big pack of pumpkin worksheets and hands-on activities for my girls to work through during one of our pumpkin weeks. This year, I have updated it yet again for my littlest boy to enjoy. I hope your children enjoy the updated version also!
🎃 Click here to browse through all of the pumpkin worksheets and hands-on printable activities.
🍂 Click here to browse through all of the fall worksheets and hands-on printable activities. You’ll find color by code worksheets, coloring pages, copywork, and more!
Pumpkin Unit Study
Take a look at what we’re doing for our simple Pumpkin Unit Study this year! I will use some of the worksheets in this packet with my 5-year-old during our study. We will tuck away the “hard” worksheets for next year when he’s ready.
➡ Click here to watch directly on You Tube.
Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
This packet of pumpkin worksheets was originally posted in 2014 and has been updated a few times since. Please re-download the newest version of this packet, which has been updated with fresh fonts, several new page layouts, and fresh graphics. I also added a few new pages.
Each of the 31 pages in this printable packet each have a pumpkin theme. In this worksheet set, you’ll find:
- Pumpkin Math Problems – Solve each pumpkin-related word problem
- Pumpkin Word Search
- Fix the Sentence! – Write each pumpkin sentence using correct capitalization and punctuation
- Crack the Pumpkin Code! – Use the code to solve the pumpkin trivia fact
- Pumpkin Facts (2) – Determine which equations match the given answer; includes 2 pages
- Build Your Pumpkin Sentence! – Cut out the sentence, draw a picture, and practice writing; includes 2 pages
- Pumpkin Handwriting Practice – includes a picture to color
- What’s the Missing Number? – Fill in the correct number; through 20
- What’s in the Middle? – Determine the missing number; through 10
- Color the Pumpkins! – Use the key to color the pumpkins
- Letter P Pictures – Color the pictures that begin with /p/
- Color-By-Sight Word – Using words from the Pre-Primer Dolch list
- Pumpkin Subtraction – Glue each difference in the correct equation
- Pumpkin Seed Beginning Sounds – Match beginning digraphs (th-, ch-, sh-)
- Follow the Coloring Directions – Follow the simple prompts to color the pumpkin-themed picture
- Pumpkin Fun Page – Includes a pumpkin maze, dot-to-dot, tracing pumpkin, and pumpkin to color
- Label the Picture! – Cut out the words and glue under the correct picture
- Pumpkin Pattern Color Page – Color the various patterns on each pumpkin
- Pumpkin 5 Senses – Use the prompts to describe a pumpkin
- Pumpkin ABC Cut & Paste – Cut out each pumpkin-themed word and paste in the correct alphabetical order
- Trace the Pumpkin Path – Use an orange crayon to find the correct pumpkin path
- Pumpkin Sight Words – Color each pumpkin using the code; each pumpkin contains a word from the Dolch Primer list
- Blank Pumpkin Writing Pages (2) – contains primary and plain lines
- Pumpkin Word Work – Practice the beginning sound /p/ and analyze the word pumpkin using the guided phonetic directions.
Mama’s Favorite Pumpkin Books
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure page for more information.
Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White
A favorite that we read year-round!
The Pumpkin Book by Gail Gibbons
Gail Gibbons never disappoints and this pumpkin book is no exception!
From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeiffer
A fun book to study the life cycle of a pumpkin.
All Access Pass members can download this entire 33-page Pumpkin Worksheet Packet for K and 1st Grade in the All Access Pass area.
You may purchase the Pumpkin Worksheet packet below: