It’s Fall! And that means there are pumpkins galore!
This past week and this next week, my 5 year old Kindergarten boy and I will be doing All Things Pumpkin. I love it and he does too! My kids and I read our pumpkin books every year and enjoy the pumpkins around the house as we transition into fall.
Many years ago, I created a big pack of pumpkin worksheets and hands-on activities for my girls to work through during one of our pumpkin weeks. This year, I have updated it yet again for my littlest boy to enjoy. I hope your children enjoy the updated version also!
🎃 Click here to browse through all of the pumpkin worksheets and hands-on printable activities.
🍂 Click here to browse through all of the fall worksheets and hands-on printable activities. You’ll find color by code worksheets, coloring pages, copywork, and more!
Pumpkin Unit Study
Take a look at what we’re doing for our simple Pumpkin Unit Study this year! I will use some of the worksheets in this packet with my 5-year-old during our study. We will tuck away the “hard” worksheets for next year when he’s ready.
➡ Click here to watch directly on You Tube.
Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
This packet of pumpkin worksheets was originally posted in 2014 and has been updated a few times since. Please re-download the newest version of this packet, which has been updated with fresh fonts, several new page layouts, and fresh graphics. I also added a few new pages.
Each of the 31 pages in this printable packet each have a pumpkin theme. In this worksheet set, you’ll find:
- Pumpkin Math Problems – Solve each pumpkin-related word problem
- Pumpkin Word Search
- Fix the Sentence! – Write each pumpkin sentence using correct capitalization and punctuation
- Crack the Pumpkin Code! – Use the code to solve the pumpkin trivia fact
- Pumpkin Facts (2) – Determine which equations match the given answer; includes 2 pages
- Build Your Pumpkin Sentence! – Cut out the sentence, draw a picture, and practice writing; includes 2 pages
- Pumpkin Handwriting Practice – includes a picture to color
- What’s the Missing Number? – Fill in the correct number; through 20
- What’s in the Middle? – Determine the missing number; through 10
- Color the Pumpkins! – Use the key to color the pumpkins
- Letter P Pictures – Color the pictures that begin with /p/
- Color-By-Sight Word – Using words from the Pre-Primer Dolch list
- Pumpkin Subtraction – Glue each difference in the correct equation
- Pumpkin Seed Beginning Sounds – Match beginning digraphs (th-, ch-, sh-)
- Follow the Coloring Directions – Follow the simple prompts to color the pumpkin-themed picture
- Pumpkin Fun Page – Includes a pumpkin maze, dot-to-dot, tracing pumpkin, and pumpkin to color
- Label the Picture! – Cut out the words and glue under the correct picture
- Pumpkin Pattern Color Page – Color the various patterns on each pumpkin
- Pumpkin 5 Senses – Use the prompts to describe a pumpkin
- Pumpkin ABC Cut & Paste – Cut out each pumpkin-themed word and paste in the correct alphabetical order
- Trace the Pumpkin Path – Use an orange crayon to find the correct pumpkin path
- Pumpkin Sight Words – Color each pumpkin using the code; each pumpkin contains a word from the Dolch Primer list
- Blank Pumpkin Writing Pages (2) – contains primary and plain lines
- Pumpkin Word Work – Practice the beginning sound /p/ and analyze the word pumpkin using the guided phonetic directions.
Mama’s Favorite Pumpkin Books
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure page for more information.
Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White
A favorite that we read year-round!
The Pumpkin Book by Gail Gibbons
Gail Gibbons never disappoints and this pumpkin book is no exception!
From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeiffer
A fun book to study the life cycle of a pumpkin.
All Access Pass members can download this entire 33-page Pumpkin Worksheet Packet for K and 1st Grade in the All Access Pass area.
After you log in, choose the Fall and Winter page and scroll down until you see this particular worksheet packet. Then just click and your download will start immediately.
You may purchase the Pumpkin Worksheet packet below:
I am trying to download the Pumpkin worksheets for personal use and I keep getting a notice that the file is damaged. Love the things you put out.
Everything looks fine on my end. I just checked again to make sure it downloads as it should.
I’m so sorry! Try using a different browser and see if that does the trick.
I keep having the same problem!
Lindy, Adobe Reader (the free version) is always best to use when viewing a pdf. Make sure you have the latest version!
Thanks for the amazing printables 🙂
I’m so glad you can use them! 🙂
I like your work sheet and the other stuff you put out. But I have been having a hard time being able to download your pumpkin worksheets kindergarten-first grade. It says that there is a problem with it and Adobe can’t read the file. I really would love to be able to use this with my K kid. Thanks for all that you do.
Linda, I have no idea why Adobe won’t read it. 🙁 Do you have trouble with any other downloads?
I’ll send you the file directly, so make sure to check your email. Spam folder too. 🙂
These are amazing! They have helped fill our homeschooling week with such fun. Thank you!
Yay! I’m so glad, Mandy! xo
Feeling a little dumb this morning. I’m already a subscriber so how do I download the file?
Hi Jincy! No need to feel dumb. 🙂 Look in the email that I sent on Friday and you’ll find the link there. If you have trouble, email me and I’ll send you the link directly. 🙂
I cant find where to download them, there isn’t a link showing up. I am already registered and I have not received any links in my email as well.
Thanks for any help.
There’s a link in the newsletter that I published on Friday! Look there. 🙂 Email me if you can’t find it and I’ll send it you.
Hi, I looked for the newsletter, I am subscribed and I have not received one. I am so sorry to bother you. Would you mind sending it to me?
Thank you so much!!
Hello!! I’m a new subscriber and am having trouble figuring out how to download your awesome pumpkin math packet. Thanks for any suggestions on how to get my hands on that fabulous packet!! 🙂
I send out an email every Friday that has the link to the packet. Look for the next one coming out on 10/9/15! 🙂
I am trying to download your adorable Pumpkin Activities and Printable worksheets but I am not having any luck. Looks like I subscribed too late to receive your Oct, 9 newsletter. If you don’t mind sending the worksheets, I would so greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for giving away such cute worksheets… you rock!!!
The link to subscriber freebies is in every email I send, so make sure you open the email from this morning!
Please let me know if you’re not able to access it. 🙂
I am a subscriber but when I go to the pumpkin packet that is free for subscribers the only pack to click on is the new one that you have to pay for.
Hi Kelly! It’s linked on the subscriber only page. You’ll find the details in every email that I send. 🙂
Hi there… On the subscriber page, the pumpkin printables are just not there. The page says thank you for beign a subscriber, etc, then it says that the subscriber-only printable are below. however, it starts with september words, and goes backwards from there. The Pumpkin printables are not present on the subscriber page to be downloaded.
i found it. you have to go to the subscribers page and then scroll all the way back to when it was originally shared, a couple of years ago. it’s quite a ways down, but it’s there. 😀 (and thank you, Lauren, for sharing even a small bit of your stuff with us homeschool parents!)
Yes, waaaay down at the bottom! There’s 25-30 freebie printables on that page, and you have to scroll. 🙂
Glad you found it! Hope your young ones enjoy!!