It’s Fall! And that means there are pumpkins galore!
I think I’m more excited than they are!
NOTE: This post was originally published in September 2014. This worksheet packet has been completely updated again for the 2017 Pumpkin Season! Find all new fonts and graphics and 9 (yes, 9!) new exclusive worksheets! You’ll find the 2017 version of the Pumpkin Worksheets in my shop.
And because I love to incorporate reading and math in any subject we’re studying, I made a big pack of pumpkin printables for us to work our way through.
—> There’s also File Folder Word Wall: FALL! (Fresh and updated for the 2020 Fall Season!)
Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
The 17 worksheets in this printable packet each have a pumpkin theme. In this worksheet set, you’ll find:
- Pumpkin Problems – Solve each pumpkin-related word problem
- Pumpkin Word Search
- Fix the Sentence! – Write each pumpkin sentence using correct capitalization and punctuation
- Crack the Pumpkin Code! – Use the code to solve the pumpkin trivia fact
- Pumpkin Facts – Determine which equations match the given answer; includes 2 pages
- Build Your Pumpkin Sentence! – Cut out the sentence, draw a picture, and practice writing; includes 2 pages
- Pumpkin Handwriting Practice – includes a picture to color
- What’s the Missing Number? – Fill in the correct number; through 20
- What’s in the Middle? – Determine the missing number; through 10
- Color the Pumpkins! – Use the key to color the pumpkins
- Letter P Pictures – Color the pictures that begin with /p/
- Color-By-Sight Word – Using words from the Pre-Primer Dolch list
- Pumpkin Subtraction – Glue each difference in the correct equation
- Pumpkin Seed Beginning Sounds – Match beginning digraphs (th-, ch-, sh-)
→ PLUS 9 new pages for the 2017 Pumpkin Season!
♦ Follow the Coloring Directions – Follow the simple prompts to color the pumpkin-themed picture
♦ Pumpkin Fun Page – Includes a pumpkin maze, dot-to-dot, tracing pumpkin, and pumpkin to color
♦ Label the Picture! – Cut out the words and glue under the correct picture
♦ Pumpkin Pattern Color Page – Color the various patterns on each pumpkin
♦ Pumpkin 5 Senses – Use the prompts to describe a pumpkin
♦ Pumpkin ABC Cut & Paste – Cut out each pumpkin-themed word and paste in the correct alphabetical order
♦ Trace the Pumpkin Path – Use an orange crayon to find the correct pumpkin path
♦ Pumpkin Sight Words – Color each pumpkin using the code; each pumpkin contains a word from the Dolch Primer list
♦ Blank Pumpkin Writing Pages (2) – contains primary and plain lines
Mama’s Favorite Pumpkin Books
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure page for more information.
Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White
A favorite that we read year-round!
The Pumpkin Book by Gail Gibbons
Gail Gibbons never disappoints and this pumpkin book is no exception!
From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeiffer
A fun book to study the life cycle of a pumpkin.
You may purchase the updated packet below:
Download the free Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten-First Grade for personal use only
→ If you would like to purchase this packet for classroom use (which includes any use outside of your own home with your own children), you may do so at the bottom of this page. The packet for classroom use includes the Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten-First Grade AND the 10-page set of Pumpkin Scissor Skills Worksheets.
This packet for personal use is free to email subscribers. Simply click on the email you’ll receive to confirm your email address, and you’ll go straight to the download page!
Of course, you may opt out of emails at any time by unsubscribing.
Download Pumpkin Themed Worksheets for K and 1st
Enter your email to download this fun interactive booklet!
After you confirm your address, you'll redirect to the download page.