Throughout the amazing United States of America and the world at large, our lives have been turned upside down due to the new coronavirus. If you read my email this past week, you know that I’m just going to keep on keepin’ on with my little website of worksheets and learning ideas.
I don’t have a lot to add to all of the talk and suggestions regarding COVID-19. I have my own worries and anxieties regarding the virus, and I just don’t have constructive ideas to offer.
I do know this: Many of you have been thrown into helping your children learn at home and I know that feels completely overwhelming. Those of us that have been homeschooling for many years are more than happy to help you get your footing.
So please reach out and tell us what you need and we will certainly try to help!
That being said, please don’t think that by posting my usual printable activities that I am not sensitive to everything that is going on around us.
I am hyper aware.
To provide myself and all of my faithful readers with some sense of normalcy, I am going to keep my usual schedule of posting helpful worksheet packets, learning at home posts, and curriculum suggestions.
Just so you know! ❤
Spring Tracing Worksheets for Preschool
This spring set of tracing worksheets for preschoolers is next in the line up of fun springy activities!
My 3 year old loves this style of worksheet and the different pictures and letters. He uses his finger to trace the letters and the lines between the pictures.
On the somewhat rare occasion, I break out the paint and Q-tips and let him trace the lines in that way. But oftentimes, I have so many balls in the air on a normal homeschool day that I can’t fathom adding paint in the mix.
I save paint and Q-tips for my “fun Mama” days. Just being honest!
→ I’ve included a free 2-page sampler of the packet at the bottom of the post. You will find 2 of the colored pages for your little one to trace and practice!
Each page includes fun spring themed pictures with a connecting tracing line. I also included a capital and lowercase letter of the beginning sound of each picture.
Words and pictures included:
- rain drop
- watering can
A note about the word ‘flower’: Yes, I agree that the word flower technically starts with a consonant blend, however, to keep this more simple for the preschool crowd, I only included the letter F.
There are 20 pages included in this Spring Tracing Packet:
— 5 colored pages of Portrait orientation
— 5 black and white pages of Portrait orientation
— 5 colored pages of Landscape orientation
— 5 black and white pages of Landscape orientation
** This set of tracing worksheets would complement the Letter Formation Cards beautifully!
All Access Pass members can download this entire 20-page packet in the All Access Pass area.
Using Spring Tracing Worksheets
There are many different ways you can use these spring tracing worksheets with your young learners.
Aside from the obvious of using a pencil and tracing the lines, here are a couple of ideas to get you started, whether you’re in a homeschool or classroom setting:
- Use these pages in your small groups – everyone completes a page at the same time and then shares their page with others
- Set up a spring center and use these tracing pages as the main item – decorate each station with the item in the picture (You can often find small erasers to match at the Dollar Spot at Target!)
- Place these worksheets in page protectors in a 3-ring notebook. Your child can reuse these over and over with a dry erase marker.
- Forget the pencil for awhile! Use glitter glue, markers, Twistables, colored pencils, crayons, or any other writing implement other than a pencil to complete the tracing. Makes for a nice change of pace!
- Use these worksheets as I will do with my 3 year old – place them in page protectors and practice “drawing” on the lines with a finger. You could also have your child trace the lines with a Q-tip, or a small block or pom pom to improve dexterity.
How will you use these tracing worksheets with your young ones? Leave me a note in the comments!
You can purchase the entire Spring Tracing Worksheets packet here:
This spring tracing worksheets set is part of a larger package that includes all 4 seasons at a 20% discount: