Hello Friends! It’s been a couple of months since I’ve written a Bullet Point Post. So here we go!
- We are still on our summer break, but alas, it is only for a few more weeks. My aim is for us to start back to school on August 2nd, but there is a massive amount of work on my end to make that deadline!
- Our family has had Covid again this summer and we are finally better. That fatigue is just relentless. I appreciate all of you that prayed for me while I was ill!
I lost a couple of weeks with being so fatigued and not wanting to do anything, so I am pretty behind in my school planning now.
- My three oldest children (17, 15, and 13) are on a Mission Trip with our church this week. It is so odd to only have two children in the house! I am thankful that my older kids were able and willing to go minister to others in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
- I have been so disappointed in my Square Foot Garden this year. While I called it an ‘experiment’ and said I wasn’t concerned if it produced or not, I secretly wanted it to go gangbusters and it be a raging success!
This has sadly not been the case.
I need a Garden Guru to come and tell me what to do differently next time.
- Tonight’s supper is leftover Ham, Broccoli, and Pasta Bake. I made a full 9×13 last night, but since 3 of my 7 (big) eaters won’t be back until tomorrow, we have plenty of leftovers for tonight. Thankfully!
While I love to cook and love to feed my people, I do enjoy the occasional night off.
And just a side note – the recipe calls for a can of condensed chicken soup (like Campbell’s). Once you make any dish with homemade cream of chicken, you’ll never go back! And it’s pretty easy to make homemade, as it’s fairly similar to homemade gravy. But easier.
While I am definitely not a food blogger, I do have a few recipes under the category of Home Cooking. I also have pictures taken for about 5 or 6 more dishes, but I must take time to write the posts!
- After that, I am having some Friday Night Ice Cream and going to bed!
You can click here to read all of the Bullet Point Posts.
Battle of Bentonville Field Trip
My 11 year old and 5 year old joined me on a field trip to the Battle of Bentonville grounds yesterday. We had a marvelous time!
I call it a ‘Field Trip’ but it was just an outing to see something new and get out of the house a little bit. 🙂
The Harper House is set up as a make-shift army hospital, as it would have been during the three days of fighting from March 19-21, 1865. It is so interesting to think about a family giving up their home to aid wounded soldiers.
And they did so at just a moment’s notice. It’s not as if they had time to prepare mentally or physically to have over 500 men, both Union and Confederate, come through the bottom portion of their home during that battle.
What a bizarre experience that must have been!
A trip to the past provides so many wonderful conversation opportunities with our children. Some years I do really well with field trips, and other years I don’t seem to have the bandwidth for it. While I had already formulated a mental sketch of field trips for the coming school year, our outing yesterday made me all the more intentional and excited about seeing some new and different places with my children this coming year!
How has your week been? I would love to read what happened in your week, so feel free to write your own bullet point post in the comments!