If you’re looking for an easy Valentine’s Day goodie to make with your kiddos, these Sweetheart Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies will be perfect!
Not only are they easy to put together, it’s a very kid-friendly recipe.
While mom can do the heavy mixing, kids can add the ingredients and the chocolate hearts and sprinkles at the end.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Even though our family is mostly gluten free, this recipe is most certainly not since it uses a cake mix.
Also, it’s not Trim Healthy mama approved in the least.
But they’re oh so tasty for the occasional splurge!
A few notes:
♥ Even though it’s pretty rare for me to use a cake mix, my go-to brand is Duncan Hines. It’s always moist!
♥ As I said, this is not a gluten free recipe. Although I have plans to make this with a gluten free boxed cake mix and see how it turns out. Since I can’t find a gluten free strawberry cake mix, I’m going to try Pamela’s vanilla cake mix, since I already know and love that brand.
I’ll update this post once I try that experiment!
♥ I use a medium sized cookie scoop to portion out the batter. A scoop makes it so easy!
Sweetheart Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate hearts (Dove brand is yummy!)
- Valentine sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (this will keep the cookies from spreading into each other).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, baking powder, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- On medium speed, mix with an electric mixer until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. The batter will be thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop 1 inch balls onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes exactly. Do not overbake.
- Once removed from the oven, keep cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to cool and set up. Sprinkle Valentine sprinkles on top of the cookies.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place a chocolate heart on top of each cookie before it completely cools.
These are so yummy! We’ve made them 2 years in a row now. Thanks for sharing!
They ARE delicious!! I’m so glad you liked them!